Step Up Steve is a group of 501c3 non-profit organizations that came together around the common goal of educating the public and securing better outcomes from our elected officials on conservation and environmental policies.
We are concerned that Steve Pearce’s voting record is out of touch with the positions of most southern New Mexicans on public lands, renewable energy, and conservation and want to raise attention so his constituents can ask him to “step up” and do a better job at fighting for their values. We want Steve Pearce to:
- Stop trying to shrink Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument.
- Support full funding and permanent reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Oppose legislation that would sell off or transfer our public lands to western states or would otherwise reduce or remove public lands protections.
- Work to support protection of the public lands in New Mexico and across the nation.
- Work to promote and drive down the cost of renewable energy, reduce our nation’s carbon emissions, and help America become a renewable energy leader.
Click the See Our Ads button above to learn more about Steve Pearce’s positions and votes, then add your name to our petition demanding that Rep. Steve Pearce STEP UP and take action to represent ALL of us.
For over a century the New Mexico Wildlife Federation has been working on behalf of sportsmen and women like you. Since 1914 we’ve advocated for sound wildlife management, access to public lands, protection of our waters, and provided opportunities to pursue the outdoor traditions that helped make America what it is today.
Hispanic Access Foundation works to improve the lives of Hispanics in the United States and promotes civic engagement by educating, motivating and helping them access trustworthy support systems. We design and implement data-driven initiatives that combine the strength of grassroots outreach with new and traditional forms of media to transform information into action. We build bridges that connect Latino communities with the information and services they need for a better life.
The Progress Now New Mexico Education Fund serves as an innovation lab for civic engagement. We work to promote greater public education and involvement in issues impacting New Mexico families. Our research and news projects better inform New Mexicans about the people and issues impacting their lives and our digital and outreach programs help connect better-informed families with decision makers working for them.